What are Mobility Programs?

Mobility programs allow students to complete a stage of their training at another university outside the country. There are several types of these programs like, for instance, amongst others, there’s the Erasmus program or, another example, the Vulcanus programs in Latin America, the United States, and Canada.

Is mobility mandatory?

Mobility is compulsory for students enrolled in the following degrees:

  • GEC 10
  • ECB
  • TCCP
  • GEG

If you are studying MCCP and did not leave for an ERASMUS when you studied the degree, you will also have to be part of a mobility program.

What can I do during mobility?

  • You can take your degree subjects and / or work on your final thesis.
  • Completion of a double diploma: obtaining two degrees, one from the School and one from a prestigious university with which the School has signed a double diploma agreement.

What types of mobility are there?

  • Free itinerary: you will have to look at the subjects of the destination university and see which ones best suit your curriculum.
  • Closed itinerary: the School has agreements with certain universities where the itinerary is closed, the subjects you have to do are already marked.
  • Double degree: The School has established agreements with various universities that allow for two or three degrees. In general, these agreements provide for a minimum of 3 years at the home university – that is, at the School of Paths – and about 2 years at the destination university. At the end of this process, the official degrees of both universities are obtained.

If you want to do a double master’s degree, you will have to take one year at the university of origin and one year at the destination university.

  • Complementary Management Studies: The School has some agreements that allow you to study, in addition to Civil Engineering, studies in Business Management and Direction.

How long should mobility be?

  • Quarterly mobility: this is the minimum stay, 5 months at the destination university.
  • Annual mobility: 2 semesters, approximately 10 months at the destination university.
  • Double diploma: In the case of both the Degree and the Master’s degree, double diplomas have a different duration depending on the university where they go. They can be 1, 2 or 3 years old.

It is important to know what type of mobility you want to do, as once chosen you will not be able to change; you will not be able to extend or shorten your stay.

What are the requirements to be able to leave?


It is always necessary to have passed the initial phase (1st year of the degree). 

Having clarified this, the requirements as a general rule are:

  • For undergraduate students: 
  • Have passed 2nd and have enrolled more than 30 credits of 3rd at the time of application. You must have passed more than 30 3rd grade credits at the end of the process.
  • Double diplomas: 
  • Have passed 2nd and have enrolled 3rd at the time of application and passed at the time of departure.
  • Masters:
  • Have 60 credits enrolled.
  • In the case of MCCP, you must have more than 50 credits enrolled.
  • Double master’s degrees must have 60 credits enrolled at the time of application and must have been passed before leaving.

What about language requirements?

There are two language requirements:

  • School Requirements: 

These are based on the requirements imposed by the host universities in other years.

It is important to have the accreditation of these languages, it is the first step to being able to leave, if you do not accredit them in time you will not be able to stay abroad.

Accreditation is done through the following link: Once you have uploaded your document, you will need to take it to the Undergraduate and Master’s Student Support Unit to validate the authenticity of the documents submitted.

  • Destination university requirements: 

You need to pay attention to the university information so that it is usually updated during the mobility application process. You must have the required languages ​​before leaving and it is the responsibility of each student to check for updates.

The requirements change every year, but on the MOU-TE website you can see which ones have been requested in other years: -languages-orientative.pdf 

7 universities?

Once you’ve met these requirements, at our online administration (e-secretaria), inside the Mobility section, you will be asked to select 7 universities of your choice where you would like to go with your mobility program.

Agreements with universities change every year and to be updated you need to visit the MOU-TE website: 

To choose which university you want to go to, we recommend that you consult the websites of each individual university. There you should look at the teaching guides, it is important that you do not trust the name of the subject, as the School will look at the teaching guides and pay no regard to the name. We also recommend that you consult the mobility portal, the pre-commitments for mobility and the subject validations that have been made in the past with other promotions. You have to be careful and know that the same subject validations are not constant and may change year to year.

 In what order should I put the 7 universities?

This is like the Selectivitat process we do here,  you have to list the universities according to your preferences, in the first position the one you like best and so forth.

It is important to know that universities that have quarterly and annual stays, each type of stay has a place of preference. For instance, in the case you wanted to go to Slovenia and you have no preference between going year round or just quarterly, then you should put both types of application on your list.

 How are mobility scholarships assigned?

Whether you get into your first option or your last depends on your academic record and the languages you speak, in different percentages:

– 80% academic record. If you have taken BCE , you will be able to enjoy an increase in your academic record.

– 20% languages: English 60%. Other languages ​​40%.

In case of a tie, a letter of motivation (50%) and a CV (50%) can be requested.

What is the process to obtain a mobility scholarship?

To consult the exact procedures and dates, please consult the following link:

  1. Get informed about different universities and find which suit you the best.
  2. Language accreditation.
  3. MOU-TE information meeting.
  4. Apply for the 7 universities according to your preferences. This procedure is done via e-secretaria and is usually open for about 10 days.
  5. Consult the scholarship assignation list made by the School. This procedure is done through the School’s website. 
  6. Accept the position through e-secretariat.
  7. The school informs the destination university that they have accepted you for that position. You will need to contact them to submit any necessary documentation. Acceptance by the School of Civil Engineering does not necessarily mean that the host university will accept you. 

What if I am not accepted to any university?

If you have not been assigned a place in the first round, you will have a 2nd round where you will have to re-select the 7 places taking into account those that have been left with vacancies and follow the process explained above.

Once I have the place awarded, what should I do? Pre-commitment? Documentation to be turned in?

It is important that you have collected information from the host university throughout the process, but this is when you need to submit your pre-commitment to the School.

The pre-commitment is a document you must give to the School in which, after consulting the teaching guides and the Camins Portal (it is important to be well informed), you list the subjects that you will study at the destination University that you will want to be validated when you come back.

 The following requirements must be taken into account when making the pre-commitment:

  • If you leave for a four-month period, you will have to enroll in a minimum of 20 UPC credits, if you leave for one year at 40.
  • You have to consult the teaching guides and see that they adapt to those of your studies here at the School.
  • You have to have checked that you meet the requirements of the destination universities to take the subjects.

 In addition to the pre-commitment, you must submit the following documentation:

  • The letter of acceptance from the host university.
  • A document with the dates of the academic stay. (indicative)
  • Insurance Certificate

Everything required will appear in the e-secretariat once your application has been accepted.

How will your enrollment work in the year of mobility?

Enrollment in the year of mobility depends on whether they are year-round or quarterly:

  • Year-round:
  1. Registration will be done at e-Secretariat like other courses.
  2. In your case, all you have to do is register for a ‘bag’ of credits and / or the TFG / TFE.
  3. This bag will initially be 40 ECTS in all cases. You will not see in the registration the name of any subject that you have requested to recognize for mobility.
  4. The TFE will be registered outside the credit bag even if you want to do mobility.
  5. We will adjust the credit bag according to the pre-commitment that you have updated in October (changes to the subjects taken in mobility in Q1) / February (changes to the subjects that you will take in mobility in Q2)
  • Quarterly:
  1. Registration will be done at e-Secretariat like other courses.
  2. You must enroll in the subjects you will take at school in Q1 / Q2 and / or TFG / TFM, when you are not mobile.
  3. The credits of the subjects you want to do in mobility will be registered as a bag of credits.
  4. This bag will initially be 20 ECTS in all cases. You will not see in the registration the name of any subject that you have requested to recognize for mobility.
  5. The TFE will be registered outside the credit bag even if you want to do mobility.
  6. We will adjust the registration of the loan bag according to the pre-commitment that you have updated in October (mobilities Q1) / February (changes to the subjects you will take in mobility in Q2)

We will adjust the registration of the credit bag according to the pre-commitment that you have updated in October (Q1 mobilities) / February (Q2 mobilities)

What options do I have for TFG (final thesis of your degree) / TFM (final theses of your master’s degree)?

For TFE (final thesis) you have three options:

  • Carry out the TFE at the destination without defense (TFE credits count as mobility credits)
  • Carry out the TFE at the destination with defense (TFE credits count as mobility credits)
  • Do the TFE at school

Conditions for TFE credits to count as mobility

  • Have a tutor at the destination university
  • Enroll in the TFE at the destination university and at the School.
  • It must appear in your Pre-Commitment, in the Learning Agreement and you must obtain a grade that appears in your Trancript of Records.

If you meet the above conditions you have two possibilities:

  • DEFENSE at the destination university: There must be a public defense at the destination and the court must consist of 3 professors. Otherwise, you will be required to defend it again here, at the School.
  • DEFENSE at the School of Civil Engineering: When you meet the above requirements, but there is no option of defense at destination with a court.

Speaking of credits… How many credits can I earn for mobility?

First of all you have to remember that there are some credits that do not correspond to any subject: they are the credits of free recognition. You must recognize these credits through university activities, such as seminars, courses, sports, etc. When you do a mobility program, you can recognize the following credits:

-If the stay is quarterly: 3 ECTS.

-If the stay is annual: 6 ECTS, which in the case of degrees correspond to all the credits of free recognition.

What will be my place of residence?

It depends on the university, but sometimes they help you from an international office that contacts you or there is a link on the website of the destination university helping you with what you will need to identify yourself as a foreign student and place to to live.

Once everything is in order, if you do not receive help, you will have to look for a residence or a flat to live in during your stay. You can ask other students who have gone before, from the DAEC we can contact you and they will advise you.

 Wow, where do I get my money from next year?

First of all, congratulations! Second, calm down. As you are in an ERASMUS program (in most cases) sure you already have an assignment of € / day with a maximum of 10 months, also if you have of a B2 level with one of the main languages ​​in Europe (Italian, French, German or English) you can apply for the Generalitat’s MOBINT scholarship.

To consult scholarships and to apply for financial help, we recommend that you consult the following link:

What is the Learning Agreement?

It is the document that proves that you are doing a mobility stay. You have to worry about it after you’ve made the definitive pre-commitment, once you’ve left for your mobility stay. Remember that it must be signed by the host university and must contain exactly what subjects you will take during the mobility (and how many credits you will take) and which ones you will recognize once you return and the number of credits you will recognize.

 Transcript? What is this?

When you finish your mobility and you already have the marks for all the subjects, you will have to go to the international office and ask for the transcript, be careful, it takes days depending on when the teachers process the grades. So, don’t do it on the day before you catch the plane. If the situation is given where it’s impossible for you to stay in the country,  then the universities themselves will send a paper copy and a PDF to your email to be able to process the end of the stay. In case you do not receive the PDF, request it before starting the course here in September for your convenience. In addition to the transcript, you must also sign the document certifying the end of the stay.

 For whatever reason I can’t do mobility yet and it is required in my degree, what should I do?

In the event that you are unable to attend the mobility for justified reasons, you may present your case to the School through e-secretaria (procedures) in order to avoid doing so. From the DAEC we can help you with any of these procedures.